The Sirmour District of Himachal Pradesh is also known as the Peach bowl of India. This place is located in south-eastern region of Himachal Pradesh. The enchanting mountains are blessed with some of the most spectacular and beautiful landscapes. The place has man-made lakes as well as natural ones, temples, tea gardens and ancient forts. The district Headquarter of Sirmaur is Nahan.
Tourists can spend their vacation and see the wonders of nature here. While the growth of tourism in India has led to massive commercialization, Sirmour is one of best preserved hill stations in the hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
Here’s a list of the best attractions in Sirmour.
Churdhar Sanctuary is named after the Churdhar Peak. This is one of the oldest temples in the state. It stood the test of time and has been standing tall since the time of Mahabharata. The temple is home to a statue of Lord Shiva, and is situated on the top of a hill. This temple also known as Shirgul temple.
Renuka Ji is a well known place in Sirmour District for a number of legends and stories. Renuka Lake is said to have been built overnight by a contingent of Gurkhas in the early 19th century. There are various temples scattered around the Renuka Lake.
Haripurdhar is a small town in Sirmour District of Himachal Pradesh in India. This town has a pleasant climate during summer and cold during winter. In winters there is heavy snowfall. Tourists enjoy this snowfall and that’s why Haripurdhar has its own importance.
Habban Valley is surrounded by forests of deodar. The wildlife in the area consists of peacocks, deer, tigers, bears, kakkar, kastura and ghol. There are also various trails and treks hidden within Habban valley.
Himachal brings along a wide range of accommodations. You can choose between hotels, resort, homestays, bungalows; all ranging from budget to luxury. Pick your style of stopover.
- The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla: The refined rooms and suites have marble bathrooms and Burmese teak floors. Amenities include Wi-Fi (fee), minibars and flat screen TVs. Luxury suites, terraces and living rooms, 24-hour butler service and 24-hour room service are offered.
- River Crescent Resort: This casual hotel is a 5-minute walk from a Tibetan Monastery. Warmly decorated rooms feature free Wi-Fi and flat screen TVs, as well as safes, minibars and tea and coffeemakers. Suites comes with mountain or river views and living rooms. There are also 2 and 4 bedroom cottages with kitchenettes and terraces.
- Grandview Hotel: This polished hotel has elegant interiors, air- conditioned rooms and suites. It offers free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and DVD players. They have separate sitting rooms, minibars, whirlpool baths and sofabeds, along with dining room, a rooftop cafe, a bar, as well as game room.
- Snow valley Resort: This unfussy hotel is 4 km from Himachal state Museum. The elegant furnished rooms provide flat-screen TVs and desks, rooms with sitting areas and mountain views.
- Hotal Mongas: This refined hotel is 2.5 km from Panchpula Park. The modern hotel features luxury rooms, flat screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, tea a coffee making facilities. Suites have separate bedrooms and warm wood paneling with colorful details. Breakfast is complimentary, an so is parking.