Would you like to have more energy and synergy in your job and career? If you are not enjoying work the way you used to and if you would like to contribute in a manner that produces more results with less effort, then Energizing Synergy is what you need to cultivate.
Be honest with yourself for a moment and answer the following questions:
- Are you energized or drained at the end of a workday?
- Are you out of sync with the business direction the company is taking, and do you understand the business rationales for any new changes?
- Do you do your part to promote an upbeat and positive work environment?
- Are you constantly learning at work?
Energy is the effort you vigorously exert to accomplish a task or to do your work. When you come to work tired or in a bad mood, you exhibit low personal energy that impacts others in the office. One does not have to be in the workforce too long before coming across someone who is an energy drainer–perpetually down or negative. Energy drainers are especially debilitating when tight deadlines are in danger of being missed, or priorities have been changed and resources are low.
On the other hand, individuals with high levels of energy tend to brighten the environment and make the task seem easier. Their natural enthusiasm and vibrancy radiates and inspires confidence. They emit an electrical charge that boosts other team members.
Synergy is achieved when people work together in a manner that produces a greater total impact than the sum of their individual efforts. It generates more benefits than the amount of resources consumed.
Synergy is so important at work because you can’t do everything yourself. In our current economic times, you have to do more with less, and faster and better than you have ever done before. You absolutely need help from co-workers and the people around you.
HOW TO ACHIEVE ENERGIZING SYNERGY
As you reflect back on the questions you answered earlier, consider the roles that energy and synergy played in framing your responses.
Try these 7 simple tips to increase your personal energy and make a synergistic impact at work:
- Positive energy creates willpower and the grit to succeed. Take whatever steps are necessary to be cheerful, upbeat, optimistic and confident.
- Practice balance by looking at both sides of an issue and responding in a poised and steady manner.
- Stop thinking only of yourself. Draw others to you, demonstrate commitment and inspire them to take action also.
- Promote and champion your company’s vision and business plans. Learn how you can personally impact future direction.
- Find ways to communicate your support and willingness to be a part of office solutions instead of problems.
- Hold on to your sense of humor (and if you don’t have one, develop it quickly). This will help you to keep things in perspective.
- Set high standards for yourself and take the necessary actions to reach your goals.
Keep your energy level high. Model enthusiasm and use energizing behavior to positively influence and motivate others. When this happens you and your team members will have achieved energizing synergy.
“Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” (Samuel Ullman)